Today marks my final day at KC Communications after being here for almost 3 years. To be honest, it feels like I have been here a lot less than 3 years, which is probably down to the fast-paced environment in which we work and the mountains of fantastic work we get through.
Moving to KC was a big change for me after being an Account Director in a big Leeds creative agency for 8 years, and having spent the previous year on maternity leave. Cue tired eyes and having to learn to use a Mac again!
I’ve learnt so much at KC and have had an absolute blast. I have been fortunate enough to work with some amazing colleagues who I have learnt from and of course, I have had a good laugh along the way. I’ve had the absolute pleasure of working with some incredible clients, both in terms of the businesses and the people. From my long-standing client who I have worked with pretty much since day one, Poppleton & Appleby, to snoozzzy who I have had the pleasure of doing both social media and PR for in the last few months. And of course, Sheards Accountants and Sheards Financial Management have kept me on my toes with all things numbers. (I guess my teachers were right in saying how important GCSE maths was!)
I could go on forever, but here are some of my personal highlights below:
- In my time here I have worked on 16 clients in sectors from business services right through to health and beauty.
- I’ve fine-tuned my skills in PR, social media management, blog writing, email marketing and website development.
- Managed 3 brand new website builds: Poppleton & Appleby, Yorkshire Brickwork Contractors and Lindley Preschool.
- Received a promotion from Account Manager to Client Services Director.
- Was shortlisted in the Ambassador of the Year Category at the Huddersfield Examiner Business Awards 2019. I didn’t win, but we all had a bloody good night!
- Wrote multiple award entries which achieved shortlists for key industry awards for clients.
- Secured some fantastic press coverage for clients, including in The Daily Telegraph, The Times, Mail Online, Cosmopolitan, Economia, and of course the good old Huddersfield Examiner.
- Managed the social media for the Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival in 2018, which turned out to be a record year for attendance.
- Secured a client of mine a spot on a BBC programme still to air in April…
- Drank in excess of 2,000 coffees! (I never say no to a coffee)
- And let’s not forget, I climbed the dreaded stairs far too many times!
The whole team, past and present, have worked tirelessly to achieve great things for all of their clients and the results are a testament to everyone’s hard work. It’s time for another chapter in my life now, and to spend some more time with my little boys and to support the growth of my husband’s business – an online fitness and nutrition coach if you want to check him out (cheap plug!)
Wish me luck!!