To support our next phase of growth we’re looking for a part-time Operations Manager to join our team!
You might already be in an Office Manager or Finance Assistant role looking for your next step with a progressive business where you can play a key role in its growth and ongoing development.
We offer a fantastic working environment and will soon be relocating to new premises within Lindley as part of our ongoing growth plans. This role is ideal for an outstanding candidate who wants the flexibility of a part-time role without the career limitations usually associated with a part-time job.
If this sounds like you, then read on…
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to work at our offices in Lindley, Huddersfield (please note we will soon be relocating, within Lindley to offices with improved parking facilities and access to public transport).
The main purpose of this role will be to provide a comprehensive range of administrative and financial support services to the KC Communications (Marketing) Limited team, including support to the Managing Director, to enable the smooth running of the business’ operations. For example, be responsible for invoices, the accounting system, and diary management for the Managing Director.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant must have excellent organisational skills, be flexible and have a highly professional approach towards their work at all times. Excellent grammar, written and proofreading skills, with a high level of attention to detail, is also required.
KC Communications are a young and fast growing full-service marketing consultancy based in Huddersfield, just off J23 & J24 of the M62. We work with a range of businesses across various sectors to develop and implement their marketing strategies across the full marketing mix. In less than three years we have achieved some outstanding results including fast growth and industry recognition. We’re therefore looking for someone who can play a key role in supporting us with the next stage of our growth plans.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The duties which are mainly concerned with our Operations Manager shall include:
- Monitoring and managing the company’s email account and other mail
- To be the first point of contact for incoming office calls
- Undertaking word processing and email correspondence as required. e.g. letters, brochures, proposal documents and reports
- Managing the diary of the Managing Director
- Booking venues for meetings and training events as required by the team
- Utilising the company’s IT systems accurately and effectively
- Maintaining office requirements, including stationery requisitions
- Completing basic data entry function on both the CRM and financial management systems
- Assisting in the management processes for confidential and non-confidential documents
- Assisting in office management processes and procedures
- Completing general office duties, such as scanning, photocopying and shredding documents
- Producing minutes of meetings and preparing agendas to deadlines
- Liaising with colleagues, managers and external customers/clients as appropriate
- Ensuring KC Communications are meeting all their business obligations
- Supporting the team with the collation of client press coverage and compiling AVE reports
- Identifying funding opportunities, for instance, training to support business growth
- Preparing monthly / quarterly management reports
The main requirements for our Operations Manager role include:
- Good time management skills
- Good organisation skills
- Competent IT skills
- To be a team player
- To be able to work on a group and individual basis
- To have flexible and innovative thinking
- Experience of operating efficient office systems
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience of social media
Ideally, candidates will have experience in office and business duties or within an agency environment.
Hours of work:
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to work on a part-time basis, up to 3 days per week, 21 hours per week. There may be an opportunity for this position to be worked flexibly although there is no certainty of this, as such decision shall be made in accordance with business needs.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary is negotiable, up to £25,000.00 per annum (calculated on a pro-rata basis to the successful applicant’s working hours).
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (calculated on a pro rata basis)
- Free parking
- Flexible working opportunities
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Quarterly team building activities
How to apply:
Applications are welcome from all suitable individuals. The closing date for applications is 5 pm on Friday 5th May. Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you’d be great in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to applications received, interviews will be week commencing: 15th May 2017
The types of information that may be required for you to submit under this application process may be held on paper or on a computer or other media, which are subject to certain legal safeguards specified in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and other regulations. Please note, the Act imposes restrictions on how we may use this information. All personal data obtained under this recruitment and selection process shall be processed in accordance with the Act and the Company’s Data Protection Policy. Successful applicants, who commence employment with the Company, shall have their application form stored appropriately.
For the purposes of future vacancies, the Company shall retain a copy of all unsuccessful individuals’ application forms for a period of one year. If you would not like the Company to store a copy of your application form, in order to be considered for future vacancies, please contact Katrina Cliffe for your details to be removed.
Any questions or concerns about this data operation may be put forward to Katrina Cliffe.
Strictly NO agencies.