In 2017 and 2018, KC Communications was commissioned by Huddersfield Live, a not-for-profit events organisation, to develop and implement a social media strategy for its August Huddersfield Food & Drink Festival and a pro-bono PR communications plan with media liaison for its Winter Festival, taking place in November and December of each year.
The key objectives of the work undertaken were as follows:
• To raise awareness of the festivals to the people of Huddersfield and beyond
• To raise the profile of the participating businesses and organisations
• To increase visitor numbers and publicise entertainment schedules
• To increase followers and engagement on social media platforms
• To raise the profile of Huddersfield as an event destination and its community initiatives and amenities
Through the creation and scheduling of targeted and engaging content, we saw an increase in total followers across all social media platforms from 13,934 to 14,457 within the duration of the Food & Drink Festival 2018. We also managed and responded to hundreds of enquiries received via social media on Huddersfield Live’s behalf.
For the Winter Festival 2018, our PR communications plan enabled us to engage with the local press to generate coverage with a reach of nearly 390,000 readers and an advertising value equivalent (AVE) of almost £12,000 to-date. We also leveraged our business network to get local businesses involved with the non-profit festival by providing sponsorship of the event.