We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and ambitious individual to kickstart their PR career as our PR Apprentice.
An excellent communicator with a flair for creative writing, you will have the ability to work across a variety of industry sectors including professional services, manufacturing, travel, and health tech amongst others.
The type of activity you can expect to be involved in day to day includes; campaign ideation and brainstorming, researching and engaging with key media contacts to outreach press releases, writing creative written content for a range of platforms, developing reports and analysing results and much more.
You will be confident, tenacious and results-driven and have a passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Audience, data and topic research
- Compiling media lists
- News and competitor monitoring
- Drafting press releases, social media, blogs and other content
- Outreach to press – including picking up the phone and speaking with the media
- Building relationships with journalists and the media in a range of industries
- Working to improve SEO performance and deliver regular high-quality backlinks by creating digital PR and outreach campaigns
- Maintaining active social media profiles
- Completing performance reports (PR and social media)
- Excellent standard of written English, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Great presentation skills.
- Fanatical attention to detail and organisational skills
- A sense of fun and a strong team player
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is preferred
- GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in English Language or equivalent
- GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in maths or equivalent
- Graduate applicants must have studied a degree which is completely different from PR, Communications, Journalism or Advertising degrees. The purpose of an apprenticeship is to learn/develop a considerable amount of new knowledge and skills.
We will support you through a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship (equivalent qualification to a Foundation degree) in Public Relations with the PRCA. You will be employed on an 18-month fixed-term contract, with the opportunity to turn into a permanent role.
What can you expect from KC Communications?
- A fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career, with colleagues who will champion you every step of the way
- A starting salary of £9k per annum
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A ‘Better You’ budget which provides you with a fund to not only access ongoing training and professional accreditation but can also be used for other activities that help you to be a ‘better you’ such as gym membership and more.
- Company health care plan through Vitality which includes a personal healthcare fund which covers dental and optical costs along with various other perks including Peloton and Headspace subscription, weekly Cafe Nero, cinema tickets and more.
- A fun-filled working environment, working alongside colleagues who are passionate about the industry and the growth of the business.
- Flexible working
- Free parking… when in the office
- Access to industry events
- Joining a business committed to apprentices, as demonstrated by our 2020 Apprenticeship Award win.
- The opportunity to grow with a fast-growing boutique agency providing access to continued career growth not defined by hierarchies
To apply, tell us why you would be the perfect addition to our business by emailing email@example.com
But before you do so, you might fancy discovering a little bit more about yourself with a couple of personality profiling tests we undertake as part of our interview process…
Closing date: 20th May 2020